Powered By Blogger

Saturday 12 March 2011

OUR SALVATION

“For now we are all children of God through faith in Jesus Christ, and we who have been baptized into union with Christ are enveloped by Him. We are no longer Jews or Gentiles, or slaves or free, or even merely men women, but we are all the same – we are Christian; we are one in Jesus Christ.” Galatians 3:26-28 (LB)


WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A CHRISTIAN?
Most people live their entire lives without ever knowing “Why?” They exist year after year with no idea of why they live or God’s purpose for their lives. The most basic question a person can ask is, “What is the meaning of life?”

Everyone wants to be happy. People try many way:
- Some look for happiness by acquiring possessions.
- Some look for happiness by experiencing pleasure.
- Some look for happiness by gaining prestige and power.

But real happiness comes from understanding our purpose in life.

1. WHY AM I HERE?
God made me to love me!

“God says, “I have loved you with an everlasting love!” Jeremiah 31:3

“Even before the world was made, God had already chosen us to be His through our union with Christ because of His love. God had already decided that through Jesus Christ He would make us His children – this was God’s pleasure and purpose.” Ephesians 1:4-5 (GN)

2. WE WERE CREATED TO ENJOY A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD AND TO MANAGE ALL OF THE REST OF GOD’S CREATION! THIS MAKES US SPECIAL!

“So God created human beings, making them in His imagine. He blessed them, and said, live all over the earth and bring it under control. I am putting you in charge.” Genesis 1:27-28 (LB)

“God richly provides us everything for our enjoyment.” 1 Timothy 6:17

Jesus said, “I have come in order that you might have life – life in all its fullness!” John 10:10

3. WHEN WE KNOW AND LOVE GOD, AND LIVE IN HARMONY WITH HIS PURPOSE FOR OUR LIVES, IT PRODUCES TREMENDOUS BENEFITS IN OUR LIVES:

Clear Conscience
Romans 8:1, “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.”

Life and Peace
Romans 8:6, “The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace.”

Help and Weakness
Romans 8:26, “In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.”

Purpose
Romans 8:28, “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”

Confidence
Romans 8:31, “What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?”

Security
Romans 8:39, “neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

Power and Strength
Philippians 4:13, “I can do everything through him who gives me strength.”

Fulfilment
Philippians 4:19, “And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.”

Freedom
John 8:32, “Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
John 8:36, “So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.”

WHAT’S THE PROBLEM?
Man has a natural desire to BOSS and to ignore God’s principles for living.

“Look out for #1. Do your own thing.”

“If it feels good, do it – regardless of what God says about it.”

“It’s my life and I’ll do what I please!”

THE BIBLE CALLS THIS ATTITUDE: SIN

“All of us, like sheep, have gone astray, and each of us has turned to his own way.” Isaiah 53:6

“If we say that we never sin, we are only fooling ourselves, and refuse to accept the truth.” 1 John 1:8

Sin breaks our close relationship with God. It causes us to fear God and try to live our lives outside of His will.

“The trouble is that your sins have cut you off from God,” Isaiah 59:2(LB)

“All have sinned and fall short of God’s glorious ideal.” Romans 3:23

When our relationship to God is not right, it causes PROBLEMS in every area of our lives; marriage, career, relationships, finances, etc. When People have problems, they often try many different ways of coping before turning to God. Proverbs 16:25, “There are ways that SEEM right to man, but they only end in death.”

Even when we know that our deepest need is God, we often try wrong ways of getting to know Him:
• My mother was a Christian so…….
• It doesn’t matter what you believe, just be sincere.
• I’ll give up all my bad habits.
• I’ll work real hard and earn it.
• I’ll be religious and go to Church.

WHAT’S THE SOLUTION?

Jesus Christ said, “I AM THE WAY, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father, except THROUGH ME!” John 14:6

God Himself came to earth as a human being to bring us back to Himself. If any other way would have worked, Jesus Christ would not have had to come. The Way is a PERSON!

Jesus has already taken care of your sin problem! “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 6:23. God did this for us because He loves us and wants us to know Him.

Romans 5:8, “God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”

1Timothy 2:5, “God has already done His part to restore our relationship to Him. He took the initiative. Now He waits for each of us to individually accept what He has done for us.”

WHAT DOES GOD WANT ME TO DO?
1. ADMIT that God has not been first placed in your life and ask Him to forgive your sins. 1 John 1:9, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from every wrong.”

2. BELIEVE that Jesus died to pay your sins and that He rose again on Easter, and is alive today. Romans 10:9, “If you confess that Jesus is your Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” Acts 4:12, “Salvation is found in on one else, for there is no other name (Jesus) by which we must be saved.”

3. ACCEPT God‘s free gift of Salvation. Don’t try to earn it. Ephesians 2:8-9,”For it is by grace you are saved, through faith – and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God – not by works, so that no one can boast.” Our relationship to God is not restored by anything we do, but the basis of what Jesus already did for us!

4. INVITE Jesus Christ to come into your life and be the director (LORD) of your life. John 1:12-13,”To all who receive Him, H gives the right to become children of God. All we need to do is to trust Him to save us. All those who believe this are reborn! – not a physical rebirth, but from the will of God!” Revelation 3:30,”Jesus says, ‘Listen! I stand at the do the door and knock. If anyone hears my vice and opens the door, I will come in…””

You can take these steps by praying a simple prayer of commitment to God:

Dear Jesus, thank you for making me and loving me, even when I’ve ignored you and gone my own way. I realize I need you in my life and I’m sorry for my sins. I ask you to forgive me. Thank you for dying on the cross for me. Please help me to understand it more. As much as I know how, I want to follow you from now on. Please come into my life and make me a new person inside. I accept your gift of salvation. Please help me to grow now as a true Christian and Believer.

” Romans 10:13, “Whoever calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved.”

COURTESY OF KHARIS MINISTRIES
By Pastor David

Kharis is church family, where the grace of God makes the difference in our lives...........
1st Place Centre, Chumleigh Street
Albany Road, Burgess Park
Camberwell - London
SE5 0RN
Times of services:
Sunday                      10:00am - 12:30pm
Friday Prayer Meeting 19:30pm - 9:00pm
If you live in London I will encourage you to come and fellowship with us and invite a friend. Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment