Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 15 March 2011

WHO IS HE, SIR?

Romans 10:14

But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them?

Most often, we think sharing and preaching of the word of God is for only certain people that have been called specifically. This isn't so because since I came to know Jesus more intimately, my attitude and approach has completely changed and most times when I am out I just don’t seem to be able to restrain myself from making use of every opportunity I get to share the god news of my Salvation with a stranger. Not saying that, we all have friends and family members who know of Jesus but actually don’t know who He is personally and intimately.

The extraordinary thing also is, when you have a personal encounter with Jesus it is impossible not to want to tell everyone of this experience. It's like having this intense sensation burning inside of you and almost impossible to contain it all to yourself. And when others aren't responding to Him they way we are, we turn to wonder what is wrong with them? And ask the question, are we lovers of the same Jesus or what?  This is so because they don't share the same experiences as us. One because they might not actually know who He is at all even though they are in church regularly. You will have to know someone by being friends with them first of all then having the chance to develop a relationship as the friend progresses. Just knowing of them doesn't actually qualify you as their friend and most certainly knowing who they really are.

I know that even though for years I called myself a Christian I never knew who Jesus was intimately and certainly didn’t have a personal relationship Him. I am challenging myself to take the good news of my Salvation to others starting with close family, friends and neighbours. Because if you and I don’t introduce them to Jesus personally how will they ever get to know Him the way we do? They wouldn’t unless we take the first step by making that initial introduction.

Today, I want you and me to take a moment to think of one person who needs to hear the Good News, and think of something we can do to help that person hear it.

Reflections:
Take the first step as soon as possible to tell a friend, a family member or a colleague at work about who Jesus.

Power verses:
and at his appointed season he brought his word to light through the preaching entrusted to me by the command of God our Savior,--Titus 1:3

"God overlooked people's ignorance about these things in earlier times, but now he commands everyone everywhere to repent of their sins and turn to him.--Acts 17:30

and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem-- Luke 24:47

God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished--Romans 3:25

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him."-- John 3:36

2011 By Enyonam Gbekle. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment