Powered By Blogger

Thursday 31 March 2011

WE WERE DEAD IN OUR SINS

Ephesians 2:4-5
But God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so much,  that even though we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God’s grace that you have been saved!)


Being freed from a life of bondage- brought about by transgressions or “violations” of God’s spiritual laws- is what “being saved” is all about. Jesus Christ has saved us from the law of sin and death. We are dead in our sins- no ifs, ands or buts about it. The Bible says in Romans 8:2, "…because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death." The penalty of sin and it's power over us was destroyed by Jesus Christ on the cross.

 And through faith in Jesus we have been acquitted, "not guilty" before God. This doesn't mean we won't be tempted into sin, we will and sometimes we will commit sin. The difference is before became saved by Jesus, we were dead and slaves to our sinful nature. But now we are alive "quickened" with Christ giving us power over our sinful nature by the grace of God. This means sin has no more power over us, Hallelujah!

God’s love takes our Spirit that is dead because of sin and causes it to be alive with love, joy, peace and contentment. It is a mystery that can be better understood by a few words from the song,

“He Touched Me.”

“He touched me and oh the joy that filled my soul.

Something happened and now I know.

He touched me and made me whole.”


Reflections:
Remember you do not need to live under sin's power any more!

Power verses:
But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life.--Romans 6:22

Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God--1 Peter 2:16

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.--Galatians 2:20

and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.--Ephesians 5:2

May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.--Galatians 6:14

2011 By Enyonam Gbekle. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment