Powered By Blogger

Friday 4 March 2011

WHAT IS IN YOUR HEART?

Psalms 119:33-37

Teach me, O LORD, to follow your decrees; then I will keep them to the end. Give me understanding, and I will keep your law. Direct me in the path of your commands for there I find delight. Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain. Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word.


 What is in your heart? Do you really desire to live a life dedicated to God? If so, then surrendering your will to Him and asking for help will come naturally. Once I tasted of the amazing love that He gives and began to experience His presence in my life, I began to yearn for more of all that He could be in my life. Notice in the scripture below some of the key phrases the Psalmist uses as he surrenders to the Lord.

• Teach me
• Give me
• Direct me
• Turn my heart towards
• Turn my eyes away

All we have to do is to trust Him to make the changes in our lives. The key though, is to surrender our will to Him with sincerity of heart. Having a God-changed life is the result of having a willingness to become more God-like and letting Him do the work in us. Try using these phrases in prayer time now and surrender various areas of your life to the Lord. If your heart seems to be far from God, then ask Him to turn your heart towards Him.

Power verses:

Praise the LORD. Blessed is the man who fears the LORD, who finds great delight in his commands.--Psalm 112:1

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.--Proverbs 31:30

He will be the sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge; the fear of the LORD is the key to this treasure.-- Isaiah 33:6

2011 By Enyonam Gbekle. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment