Powered By Blogger

Thursday 9 December 2010

IMPORTANCE OF FRIENDSHIP

John 21: 5
He (Jesus) called out to them, “Friends, haven’t you any fish?”


1 John 4:7
Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.


Today my heart is stirred to talk about the importance of friendship.  The holidays seasons is here again as the year comes to an end and many of the prayer request being sent out by people are related to needing friends. First let me say that God is the most faithful friend you will ever have. God is with us all the time, He is never too busy to spend time with us.

All throughout the New Testament we see the words "dear friends". So friendship is important to God. Let me share an encouraging story of how God answered my prayer when I was attending a new high school for just a year at the age of 14. I was a new Christian and wanted to meet other Christians in school. The first day of school I prayed that I would meet Christians. Before attending classes, we were required to meet in a large hall where hundreds of students gathered for orientation. Other students that I did not know surrounded me. There was a girl sitting to my right and as I looked down  at the bleachers on top of the pile of books that she had set next to me was a Bible in plain sight.

I leaned over and said, "Are you a Christian?" she replied "Yes I am". She then invited me a Christian group that met after school (Scripture Union). This invitation by just one friend opened the door to many other friendships. That was the beginning of a life long friendship with her. God is amazing! I am now able to pray with great faith for others who need friends because of what God did for me many years ago as a young child and is continue doing till today. Today, trust Him to bring friends into your life and also reach out to others to be a friend to them. Friendship is so important, no one likes feeling alone.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Jesus for sticking with me through thick and thin over the years especially even when I was living in disobedience to your word. You are the best friend anyone could ever have and I am very privileged you call me your friend and it's very humbling indeed.

    Love you with all my heart Lord.

    Friends for life,
    Enyonam

    ReplyDelete