Powered By Blogger

Saturday 11 December 2010

GOD GIVES GIFTS

Romans 12:6
We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us.
 
1 Corinthians 12:4-6
There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.


God is the gift giver. It is His grace (and ability) working through us that touches and changes peoples lives. Some people are given the gift of teaching or preaching. Others may be encourager's or worship leaders. Is there a gift that you desire from the Lord? Ask Him for it.The Bible says that the Holy Spirit gives gifts out as He determines. If God wants you to have the gift you will get it.

When I was younger, I asked the Lord to give me the gift of encouragement so I can be an encouragement to people I meet in my every day life. The truth is, He did but only I didn't realise it till now because I was too busy living in disobedience and not availing myself for the gifts to manifest. Now I am so blessed to be given this second chance to use this gift that God gave to me and many people today are touched by God through the gifts that are working in me.

If we get serious about serving the Lord and desire for Him to truly use us, we will discover gifts that we already have and He will give us gifts that we do not yet have. God wants to use us but we must become surrendered and willing to be used. Consider asking God today to reveal to you the gifts that you already have and ask Him for spiritual gifts that you desire to have. If you know what your gifts are then surrender them to the Lord today and ask Him to work through the gifts He has entrusted you with.

No comments:

Post a Comment