Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 16 March 2011

OUR SPIRITS ARE BEING RENEWED EVERY DAY

2 Corinthians 4:16
That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day.


Life can be very difficult sometimes and can cause us to lose hope. I have never been a quitter, because I was brought up to believe everything is possible if you tried hard enough. Not saying that I never thought I will come to a point in my life where I would say enough is enough can't bear this anymore. At that moment, just for a split second all I wished for was death. That was when it dawned on me how easy it  is to quit! All it takes is a blink of an eye.

The truth is every single one of us alive today regardless of who we are, our social status or political power have struggled with a problem or faced problems one way or the other or will face at least one during our life time. Either in our relationships, work, family, business or our ministry that will caused us to want to forget everything and throw in the towel. The good news is, we don't have to do that. Because the Bible teaches us that instead of giving up, we should pray and ask God  to strengthen us with His power through His Spirit with unlimited resources in our inner being.

Today I want to encourage you not to let the pain of lack, stress of struggling to pay your mortgage, difficulty in your relationships both in your family and with your friends or even the criticism of others of you make you give up. Go before Jesus today and renew your commitment to serving Him and He will replenish your inner self with unlimited resources through His Spirit. Isaiah 40:29 says, "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak."  How wonderful is that! Our eternal reward is worth far more and outweighs any pain we face in this world and life today and now. Instead our very weaknesses allows the resurrection power of Jesus Christ to strengthen us day by day.

Reflections:
Is that pain worth your eternal reward?

Power verses:
but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.-- Isaiah 40:31

Therefore, since through God's mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart.-- 2 Corinthians 4:1

and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.--Colossians 3:10

If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you.-- 1 Peter 4:14

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.-- 2 Corinthians 12:9

2011 By Enyonam Gbekle. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment