Powered By Blogger

Thursday 10 March 2011

DON'T BE LEFT OUT WHEN JUDGEMENT DAY COMES!

Matthew 7:12
"Not everyone who calls out to me, 'Lord! Lord!' will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter.

This scripture is a wake up call for me as a Christian and it should be for you too if you profess Him as your Lord and personal Saviour. I have a been a Christian for many years and lived my life for years of nothing short of being a reflection of the faith I professed so I am in no way trying to point fingers at anyone. However over the years I have come to the realisation of how much my sinful nature(flesh) had dominion over my life and dictated to me what I was worth and how I lived my life which brought nothing but pain, hurt, broken heart, bitterness and unforgiveness. I will be a fool indeed to continue living the way I did and thinking because Jesus loves me so much and even though I don't do the will of His Father I will live in eternity with Him when I am called home. There is an old American saying that goes like this, "if wishes were horses beggars will will ride." The fact that we talk a good talk doesn't make us who we are, who we are is the actions and choices we make everyday in our lives.

You can attend church everyday Sunday, read your Bible like a good Christian woman or man, pay your tithe, give lots of money to all the projects founded in your church and be a good person. But if your heart is far away from God and your aren't living by the leading of the Holy Spirit and bearing it's fruits, with unreserved obedience to God's word, following His precepts and just letting Jesus be the Lord over your life ordering your every step. I am afraid you will be in for a shock when Jesus returns. The  Bible clearly says without faith it is impossible to please God and this faith must be a heart generated faith to enable you and I to die  everyday to our flesh - sinful nature.

Who I am now is a complete transformation  from who I was 17 months ago. That is because I made the choice of crucifying my old sinful nature to the cross with Jesus and taking up my cross everyday with the help of the gift of His grace and His unfailing love that constantly motivates me to be still, knowing He is Lord and will never leave me nor forsake me no matter what happens. And with the reassurance that I can do it and it's possible.

You can make that choice today too, to turn away from just being a good person and being religious. Instead take the first step of confessing your ignorance and start a personal relationship with Him by spending more and more time with Him. The more you feed your Spirit with His word through total obedience, the more you will die to your flesh everyday. Don't be left out when Judgment Day comes!

Reflections:
Aren't you tired of the double life you have been living all these years?
Isn't it time to make a real commitment to Jesus? Remember you own it to yourself to experience and enjoy life and live it more abundantly through Christ Jesus.

Power verses:
For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.-- Romans 2:13

But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it--he will be blessed in what he does.--James 1:25

I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice-- Luke 6:47

"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.-- Matthew 7:24

But be doers of the word, and not only hearers of it, blinding yourselves with false ideas--James 1:22

2011 By Enyonam Gbekle. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment