Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 16 February 2011

DON'T PUT YOUR CONFIDENCE IN POWERFUL PEOPLE

Psalm 146:3
Don't put your confidence in powerful people; there is no help for you there


Today's verse couldn't be any clearer, "Don't put your confidence in powerful people; there is no help for you there."  I don't know what challenge you are facing today? Or what mountain is ahead of you today? However, one thing I know and very certain of is, no body can save you and I. No matter their social status and  financial standing, they are inadequate and  a false hope even to themselves.

I came to encourage you to put your trust and hope in the one living God;  The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."- Zephaniah 3:17  What else could be more assuring and so comforting to know the created of the universe Himself - Jehovah takes delight in you and not only that but will also quiet you with His love. Look up to the Lord today, the author and finisher of your faith, for in Him alone lies our hope and salvation. He has promised never to leave you nor forsake, all you have to do is to put your trust and hope in Him.

Reflections:
Look back on all the times you have been let down by people you thought could help you and  how they betrayed your confidence? Remember the many people you know and have come in contact with that, money, social status, position in either work or government has failed to deliver them in their darkest hour and time of need.


Powerful verses:
The LORD is my light and my salvation--whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life of whom shall I be afraid?--Psalm 27:1

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me--Psalm 23:4

If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and he will rescue us from your hand, O king.--Daniel 3:17

But I, with a song of thanksgiving, will sacrifice to you. What I have vowed I will make good. Salvation comes from the LORD."--Jonah 2:9

2011 By Enyonam Gbekle. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment