He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
Jesus' resurrection is the key to our Christian faith. Why?
- Just as He promised, He rose from the dead making us confident indeed He will accomplish all that He has promised you and I.
- It is shows us that the living Christ is ruler of God's Kingdom and not at all a false prophet or an impostor.
- This makes you and I very certain of our resurrection too because death is not the end; there is a future life with Him in eternity.
- The power that brought Jesus back to life from the dead is available to and I to bring our spiritually dead selves back to life.
- And the basis for our witness to the world.
What else could be better than this? If I were you, I wouldn't waste my energy worrying about that mortgage company threatening to take your house, or the fear of loosing your job, business, marriage or that illness that doctor's can't seem to find a cure or treatment for. Jesus is risen just as He said He would. So if I were you, hold on very tight to His every word and never letting it depart away from my mouth or letting my circumstances overwhelm me in wavering my faith in Him.
This wonderful assurance of His resurrection frees us from guilt and the fear of failure.
My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. -- 1 John 2:1
Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died--more than that, who was raised to life--is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.--Romans 8:34
You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.--1 John 4:4
2011 By Enyonam Gbekle. All rights reserved.