Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 9 February 2011

UNFAILING LOVE



Jeremiah 31:3
..."I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself."

It has become very evident to me how much effort and trouble Jesus has gone through just to reassure us of how much He loves us. Not just with words but with deeds and actions by sacrificing His life for us on the cross. From this scripture what I draw from it is, His idea of His love for us is intimacy. He created us to desire a relationship with Him. "With an everlasting love, unfailing love I have drawn you to myself." Here, Jesus stresses on the idea of belonging together with us in a love relationship that will ultimately out live any relationship - not even death can part us from Him. As I was reading this scripture and text, it kept playing in my mind over and over again. I imagined Jesus reaching out towards us His Children with compassion motivated by a deep and steadfast love. I see a beautiful Father who is so eager to be the best for us if only we will let Him into our hearts and lives.

When I think of all the many challenges life throws at us and how painfully difficult and uncertain life can be, His everlasting and unfailing love is a breath of fresh air to me. Rather than worrying unnecessarily and being burdened with all the ugliness of life's storms, I am encouraged. And as I look up to Him, I see Him tenderly and carefully drawing me towards His loving embrace. The word of God is so mind-blowing and not easy to comprehend. I just wished I had words to express what it does to my spirit. If you are feeling really low today for whatever reason, Jesus wants you to know He loves you with an everlasting and unfailing love one that even death can't separate as from.

Power verses:
And I will take you as my bride for ever; truly, I will take you as my bride in righteousness and in right judging, in love and in mercies.-- Hosea 2:19

But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD's love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children's children-- Psalm 103:17

I will tell of the kindnesses of the LORD, the deeds for which he is to be praised, according to all the LORD has done for us--yes, the many good things he has done for the house of Israel, according to his compassion and many kindnesses-- Isaiah 67:7

2011 By Enyonam Gbekle. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment