Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 7 June 2011

HAVE YOU EVER CONSIDERED HAVING AN ACCOUNTABILITY PARTNER?

1 Thessalonians 5:11
Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

A lady, I become friends with awhile ago asked me to be an accountability partner, and I immediately said yes. In the past I've connected with friends in this way and it's really helped me with my Christian walk. Even though the word 'accountability' sounds overwhelming, I've found it's good just to have someone to talk to about things that are going well, things that aren't going so well, and  how you're dealing with them. As we chat, she asks me questions about these things, and I ask her too.

Yet perhaps the most important part of meeting together is prayer and sharing God's Word. When we meet and spent five minutes praying for each other. We also talk and bring in God's point-of-view on things. When my friend was sharing her struggles, I talked about a Bible verse I had recently read that applied. Then, she did the same with me. She not only shared her thoughts, she also reminded me of God's thoughts.

Have you ever considered having an accountability partner? Maybe you should think about it. Look around and think of someone who you enjoy being with - someone who is encouraging to you. This person doesn't have to have a perfect relationship with God, neither do you. In fact, hopefully through your time together you'll not only grow closer to each other, but closer to God, too.

Perhaps you already have someone you share all the details of your life with. If so, consider taking that relationship to a new level. Pray, read Scripture, or read a devotional book together. Even best friends can become closer if they open up their whole lives to each other.

Reflections:
Look around you and be sensitive to others need for encouragement and be accountable to each other. We as Christians are called to be our brothers and sisters keepers in all times.

Power verses:
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.---Ephesians 4:29

But you, dear friends, build yourselves up in your most holy faith and pray in the Holy Spirit.--Jude 1:20

Each of us should please his neighbor for his good, to build him up.--Romans 15:2

2011 By Enyonam Gbekle. All rights reserved.

6 comments:

  1. i absolutely believe in accountability partner.

    I have a question: Are you of Nigerian heritage?
    i ask this because the Nigerian Blog awards is going on right now and i would like to nominate your blog because to get more traffic. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sis,

    How are you?

    I've been reading but not commenting. It's so important to have an accountability partner. We can't always walk it alone. I recently discovered that we can even have online/blogger accountability partner with all things relating to blogging, writing, inspirations etc.

    Thank you for this. May the Lord direct us to such divine connections.

    Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sister Chizzy, I am a Ghanaian. Bless your heart for always thinking about me and your tremendrous support. May you never lack in Jesus Name, Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Amen, Sister MaidofHeart! absolutely I have seen a few online accountability partners and bloggers. What we will do without this modern age technology? :-)

    Thank you every so much and I thank God for your life always. Shalom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice post
    thought provoking at that
    thanks for sharing
    God bless you sis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Omoba-adeteju............glad it has been a blessing.

    Thank you,
    Enyonam

    ReplyDelete