Powered By Blogger

Friday 18 February 2011

SUDDEN DEAFNESS

John 10:27
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:



My Pastor told us a story about a big time business woman who was going on a very important business conference. As she was getting ready to leave home for the airport, she heard God's voice clearly telling her not to go. She wasn't very sure what she heard the first time since this trip was extremely important to her and didn't understand why God will tell her not to go. The voice was even more intense now than the second time so she decided to pray and in the process fell asleep. When she woke up, she saw on the news the same plane she was suppose to be on had crashed just a few minutes after take off and there were no survivors. She immediately started thanking the Lord for delivering and saving her, then realised what she heard was indeed the voice of God. As they were taking inventory of the passengers on the plane, they realised one person didn't board the plane. This made headline news and the reporters were very eager to find out why she didn't board the plane since she was going for a very important business meeting and wanted to know whether it was just a lucky a escape. They finally caught up with her at her residence and she told them how God told her not to board that plane. The news reporter said how can your God be so mean as to allowing all these people to die and saving just you. The lady's answer was God is always speaking to us, it depends on who is listening!

I know from my own experience how in the past I have ignored the voice of God on numerous occasions and in the end paying severely for my disobedience. One of sister's on facebook by the name Joy calls it "sudden deafness."  We suddenly become deaf when He speaks because it is not in line with what we want or expect. Clearly stated, God speaks and we have the ability to hear and be guided by Him. Jesus said many times , let him who has ears to hear, let him hear. The key here is obedience!


Reflections:
Do you have ears to hear?


Do you know the voice of the Lord?

Tell the Lord that you want to know His voice. The more time we spend with someone the better we understand them. Spend time with the Lord today, He wants to speak to you.



Power verses:
I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.-- John 10:16

"As the new heavens and the new earth that I make will endure before me," declares the LORD, "so will your name and descendants endure.--Isaiah 66:22

At that time I will gather you; at that time I will bring you home. I will give you honor and praise among all the peoples of the earth when I restore your fortunes before your very eyes," says the LORD.-- Zephaniah 3:20


2011 By Enyonam Gbekle. All rights reserved.

3 comments:

  1. I want to encourage you today, not to disregard the voice of God just because it isn't what you want to hear. He loves you and I so much and only wants what is good for us both. Be still and know that He is Lord.

    Shalom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing Enyonam
    Very Apt!
    I think the issue is more of "how do we know it is God speaking?" and you rightly answered by saying that when we spend more time wth God, we definitely identify his voice.
    "Dear Lord, i pray you grant me (us) grace to spend more time with you so that I will always be able to hear you LOUD and CLEAR in Jesus name."
    Av a blessed weekend dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's right Omoba-Adeteju, when you spend more time with someone you definately begin to recongise their voice from afar. A friend found me one time in the streets of london only because He heard my voice whilst in a nearby bank. When he heard the voice, he just knew without doubt it was me and he was right it wa me after not seeing each other for aobut ten years I think.

    That is how it is with Jesus, the more time we spend with Him the more we recongise His voice when He is speaking to us.

    Thank you once again, aa blessed week too :-)

    ReplyDelete