Powered By Blogger

Thursday 24 February 2011

CALLED TO A HOLY LIFE

2 Timothy 1:9
who has saved us and called us to a holy life--not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,

I have been in my church just gone 16 months on the 18th of February, 2011. I have been a very active member right from my second visit because I just knew the first time I stepped foot in there that was where I was called to be. The interesting thing is, some of the older members don't seem to understand where my passion and service for Christ comes from and what is it that I want from God. The truth is, I have no clue what I want however I know I owe my life to Jesus and without Him I wouldn't be who I am today. The Bible says, “It is He who saved us and chose us for His holy work not because we deserved it but because that was His plan." God redeemed us so we could do His “holy work.” We’re not saved by what we have done, but we are saved for His "Holy work" service. In God’s kingdom, we have a place, a purpose, a role, and a function to fulfil. This gives us our lives great significance and value. I find my service to Jesus and His ministry a great privilege and an honour why because, I am not qualified nor can I earn it, rather for His own purpose He has saved me through grace for service.

It cost Jesus His own life to purchase our salvation. The Bible reminds us, "You were bought at a price. Therefore honour God with your body" 1 Corinthians 6:20. We don’t serve God out of guilt or fear or even duty, but out of joy, and deep gratitude for what He has done for us. We owe Him our lives. Through salvation our past has been forgiven, our present is given meaning, and our future is secured. In light of these incredible benefits Paul concluded, "Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual act of worship" Romans 12:1.

I don't know what your situation is, but I want to challenge you to be a blessing to your local church and to serve with your time, talent, money and prayers. Be involved and make things happen rather than expecting how the church will meet your needs. Don't expect others to serve you! I pray as you mature in Christ, the focus of your life will increasingly shift to living a life of service. And you will start asking, "who's need can I can I meet? as to "who's going to meet my need?"

Reflections:
Are you being of being service or are you waiting to be served?

Power verses:
for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body-- 1 Corinthians 6:20

Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.--Acts 20:28

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship.--Romans 12:1

2011 By Enyonam Gbekle. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment