Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 2 February 2011

WE ARE "HIS"

Psalm 100:3
Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

I am reminded as I read and meditate on this scripture that this Psalm is addressed to all God's people on this earth irrespective of who we are or what we believe. God created us for His pleasure, for a special relationship with Him. If we acknowledge Him in faith and serve Him, we are “His” people and the sheep of His pasture. He wants to take care of us as tenderly as the Shepherd cares for His sheep. He wants us to recognise our weakness and helplessness without Him. He wants to feed us with spiritual food to help us grow and become strong in the Spirit.

Many of us live through life as though our position at work, social status, qualifications, banks accounts are the centre and creator of own little world. This mind-set leads to nothing but greedy possessiveness and if everything should be taken away from us, we will have no hope to go on in life. The joy of knowing Christ and realising He created us and not we ourselves or the designer outfits we wear is that we appreciate and acknowledge He gives us all we have no matter little, big or insignificant it might be to others around us. We will then in turn want to give to others as He has given us, 2 Corinthians 9:8 "And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others." Even when all is lost, we count it all joy for the seek of knowing Christ who has blessed us with all manner of blessings according to His riches and glory.


Power verses:
"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."--Psalm 46:10

"Yet, O LORD, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand."-- Isaiah 64:8

"My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge."--Psalm 62:7

"The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him,  my father's God, and I will exalt him."-- Exodus 15:2

2011 by Enyonam Gbekle. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment