Powered By Blogger

Sunday 6 February 2011

REWARD FOR FAITHFULNESS

Amos 9:3
Though they hide themselves on the top of Carmel, there I will hunt them down and seize them. Though they hide from me at the bottom of the sea, there I will command the serpent to bite them.


As Christians we sometimes think we are above the judgement of the Lord because of the grace and mercy bestowed upon us as His children. In this scripture we see that no one can escape God's judgement no matter who or what they are. No one shall go unpunished, whether we go to the mountaintops or the bottom of the sea, God will find us and judge us for all our deeds.

For God's faithful children however, the judgement brings a new earth of peace and prosperity. I am reminded by the scripture in Hebrews 11:6, "..... and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." I just want us all to remind ourselves of the faithfulness of the Lord no matter what the world throws at us and remember pressing on as we keep our eyes on the prize.

Reflections:
Does God's judgement sound like good news to you or bad news to you today?

Power verses:
Proverbs 8:17, "I love those who love me, And those who seek me diligently will find me."

Isaiah 51:1, "Listen to Me, you who follow after righteousness, You who seek the LORD: Look to the rock from which you were hewn, And to the hole of the pit from which you were dug."

For the LORD loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones. They will be protected forever, but the offspring of the wicked will be cut off;-- Psalm 37:28

A good man leaves an inheritance for his children's children, but a sinner's wealth is stored up for the righteous.-- Proverbs 13:22

2011 By Enyonam Gbekle. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment