Powered By Blogger

Monday 28 February 2011

TRADING OUR SINS FOR HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS

2 Corinthians 5:21
For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.


During my quiet time in the early hours of this morning, as I came across this scripture during my Bible study it dawned on me how so quickly we take our salvation for granted. And when I look around me, I see how shamefully some of us Christians treat others who are not as matured in their faith as us or as others with  such a judgemental attitude as though we are better than they are. Who gave us the right to become judges over another?

We forget we are made right only because God traded our sins for His righteousness. Something of immeasurable worth for something so worthless. In this world barter only works when two people exchange goods of relatively equal value. Is like traded one's Bugatti for a run down daewoo car, incomparable! I know there is nothing I can do or could have done for the atonement of my sins. And for this sacfrice through Christ' death, I am extremely grateful. I will urge you to take a stock of your new life in Christ. Remembering to treat others with the same manner of goodness and compassion that has been demonstrated on our behalf to others.

Reflections:
When we trust in Christ, we trade in our sins for His goodness and righteousness. Do you trust in Him?

Power verses:
For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in sinful man,-- Romans 8:3

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet was without sin-- Hebrews 4:15

2011 By Enyonam Gbekle. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment