Powered By Blogger

Friday 1 April 2011

YOUR JOY WILL OVERFLOW!

John 15:11 I have told you these things so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow!

A lot of the time as Christians when things are going our way and everything seems perfect, we feel over the moon. However when we face hardship and trials, we sink into dislief and anxiety. One of the many blessings I have experienced in Jesus Christ is, His joy transcends all the waves of uncertainties in our circumstances. I never knew what it meant to experience true joy until l met Jesus and started building a personal relationship with Him. Then I realised the true Joy of the Lord only comes from a consistent relationship with Him.

The problem with a lot of us Christians to is, we live a cheap Christian life. Not spending enough time in the presence of Lord and getting to know Him and allow Him to minister and speak to us. Instead we just assume just because we call ourselves Christians and go to church every sunday, pray when we are in need and give our tithes every month we are entitled to live a life of true Joy in the Lord.

The secret is when our lives are intertwined with Jesus, He will help us walk through adversity without sinking into debilitating lows and we will manage prosperity without moving into deceptive highs. For me the joy of living with Jesus Christ daily has kept me levelheaded no matter how high or low my circumstances get.

Reflections:
It's never too late to start building a relationship with Jesus!

Power verses:
The bride belongs to the bridegroom. The friend who attends the bridegroom waits and listens for him, and is full of joy when he hears the bridegroom's voice. That joy is mine, and it is now complete.--John 3:29

"I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them.--John 17:13

2011 By Enyonam Gbekle. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment