Powered By Blogger

Friday 31 December 2010

THE LOVE CHAPTER

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, and it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres."

Please take time to read more of this chapter today. This devotion is just a drop in a huge bucket in comparison to what God wants to show us about love. God is love, that’s a gigantic bucket. When I have had a difficult time dealing with people, after things settle down a bit, I am usually directed by God to the subjects of love and forgiveness.

These are the keys to maintaining unity and peace with others that we interact with, throughout our lives. I use this portion of the thirteenth chapter of Corinthians as a check list for my behavior towards others. Am I truly loving them or do I need to make some changes in my attitude towards them? When I do recognise that I have an attitude that is not loving, I ask God to forgive me and to help me to understand and overcome this wall.

By prayer and reading more of the word, on the subject of love and forgiveness, I always overcome these barriers that hinder my love walk. We must seek God and His direction in these times. If we do not, we will not maintain unity with those around us. Wishing you all a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment