Powered By Blogger

Thursday 7 July 2011

GOD'S ANTIDEPRESSANT

Psalm 42:5
Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.

Today's scripture has helped me overcome many difficult issues in my life which I sometimes find myself either concerned, troubled or gloomy about. The question I ask myself sometimes is, why do I even permit these feelings to control and fill my thoughts? However this passage has given me hope to set my faith in the Lord. As I learn daily to entrust my hope in God, I realise the unease, anxiety and sorrow go away. My soul is no longer so distressed and I am filled with His indescribable joy. The Bible says in 1 Peter 1:8-9, "Though you have not seen him, you love him. And even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and rejoice with an indescribable and glorious joy, because you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls" This is the power of God’s Holy Word. It is able to direct us far away from our destructive thoughts and guide us towards a faithful God who can fix everything.

Depression is one of the most common emotional ailments and for me the perfect medication for it, is to meditate day and night on God's spoken word over our lives. Holding onto His promises with the knowledge that the scriptures cannot be broken and He is not man that He will lie either. With God's help, we are able to set our minds high above any distressing circumstances in our lives and move our thoughts away from our inability to help ourselves by simply putting our Hope and trust in the author and finisher of our faith.

FOOD FOR THOUGH:
When you feel depressed, just remember to take a double or even multiple dosages of God's antidepressant - THE WORD! This is the one time overdose is permitted :-)

VERSES TO MDEDITATION:
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.--John 16:33

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.--John 14:27

But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him.--2 Corinthians 2:14

2011 Enyonam Gbekle. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment