Powered By Blogger

Monday 25 July 2011

IS HE YOUR JESUS?

Matthew 7:22-23
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

My weekend has been very overwhelming as I had so much going on and yet again God came through as He always does unfailingly and faithfully for me. But the truth is, the situation I found myself in could have been avoided if only I had taken the necessary measures needed and been prepared rather than waiting till things almost got out of hand to start panicking and stressing which the Bible on so many occassions has taught and told me to avoid.  Come on girl, you should know better -yes I know :-)! I need to learn to take everything in my life either small, big, important or not so important seriously and stop being complicent sometimes. But you know what I love about God, even when I take certain things for granted, not being alert and in the process almost getting myself all entangled in a situation giving the enemy the opportunity and the chance to blow it out of proportion, into a  huge fuss of confusion and embarrassement; God is still faithful in coming to my defence and rescue even at the very last minute.

You know why? Because the Bible says in Romans 9:33b, " ...and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame." What a great honor and privilege we have as daughters and sons of the Great I Am! But then, I got on the bus this morning at 7am and all I saw in the faces of people were look of uncertainty, lack of enthusaism, worry, dispair even though for me its been a yet another glorious morning and with an overfolw of God's goodness and assurance from over the weekend - they just seem to be dreading what the week has instore for them even before it began. At this stage the lady I was sitting next to didn't look very happy with me, now don't ask me how I know but l just know - instincts Lol!

You see these people didn't understant why I looked so cheerful with a huge silly smile on my face that early in the morning because they either haven't met  "My Jesus" or know Him as initmately as I do. Todays, scripture says, "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?" Which implies that we could be going to church every sunday, attending every weekday meeting or be speaking the most complex tongues, seeing all sorts of visions during prayer and still not know who Jesus is and Him not having any clue who we are even though in our own little mind we may think we do.

It's not enough to say we are Christians and yet not being fruitful in all areas our lives always lacking confidence with no hope and constantly living in fear of the unknown like I saw on those faces this early morning. I don't know what my day is going to be like but I know who does and He is "My Jesus" - My confidence and my hope. Now I want to share with you how you too can make Him "Your Jesus and the Lord of your life." Learn to spend time with Him on a daily basis, rubbing shoulders with Him every minute and second through personal quiet time with Him, consistent study of the word - and gradually He will become the Lord of your life too.  As we spend more time talking, listening, praising and worshiping Him for who He is, He will be with us every moment of our day watching over us and His spirit will direct our every step. I go no where without Jesus, so for me that makes Him the Lord of my Life.  We are insperable! 

Today, I want to encourage you to take some time to examine yourself and ask yourself this question - Is He My Jesus? And also examine how you spend your time, and with whom you spend it with as the truth can only be revealed to us by examining our own lives. Paul explains this in 2 Corinthians 13:5, "Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test? By you and I examining ourselves on a regular basis to see if we are in the faith only then can we know for sure if  He is truly "My Jesus" or "Your Jesus"!

Food for thought:
Who are you spending most of your time with?
Who do you call your best friend, sister or brother in Christ?
Remember God doesn't necessary know everyone just because they are in church regularly or call on His name when in trouble and its not about our over spritual attitude either.
 
Verses for meditation:
Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test?--1 Corinthians 9:27

so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,---Ephesians 3:17

But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.--James 1:22
 
2011 Enyonam Gbekle. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment