Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 27 July 2011

AN INVITATION TO DINE WITH THE LORD


Psalms 34:8
Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.

I never understand before what the Psalmist meant by "How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!." I just didn't get it because how can someone's words be sweeter than honey? But the closer I am getting to the Lord the more it makes sense to me. I most times can't help myself when I am reading the word or stuying the word. It's almost like an out of body experience not knowing who I am. You just have to spend sometime with my Pastor (David Antwi) and if your impressions of who God is doesn't change then I don't know what heart you have. I believe even the person with the most dead heart, choked with all the junk of this world will still have their hearts revived back to life.

21 months ago when God finally planted me in the church He Had specially predestined with me in mind even before it came to being; my whole life, service to Him and my priority for His Kingdom completely changed. To tell you the truth, I hardly recognise this new improved creature called Enyonam Gbekle no wonder my friends don't either. I love this new creature because she is more vibrant, always has a smile on her face, is content, have the peace that I never thought was ever possible, her heart is filled with God's love and in turn is able to love, show and share love with all, doesn't get tired or weary of putting herself out for others and most importantly for once submits to authority in all humility. And all this comes with very little effort with the help of the Holy Spirit. What will I do without the grace of God eh?  I still have a long way to go but so far I am enjoying the beautiful ride with all the wonderful sight seeings and attractions. I am still growing everyday and learning new things as I am continually learning to let God be God because after all it's all about Him really and not about me.

When you taste and see that the Lord is good as I have done, you will cherish every moment with Him and will continually want to hang out with Him. He isn't as boring as most people think He is and His commands aren't so burdensome either. He is the most fun and versatile person I have ever known in my entire life yes I am referring to the Almighty God the creator of the whole universe and all things. He is my best friend, got that! Friends, to taste and see that the Lord is good is an invitation to sit at a huge banquet table filled with delicious flavors. Where God always has delicious and mouth watering flavours that replaces every troubling and nasty flavor in our lives. He has given me a garment of praise for my broken spirit and His oil of joy is afresh every morning in my life. What more can a girl ask for.  He has given me beautiful white robs of His forgiveness in exchange for my filthy rags of sin. I have found peace in my then troubled heart and I am now hopeful for the future.

This morning I came to tell you, the Lord has sent out His invitation for you too to come and taste of all these wonderful flavours of joy, forgiveness, peace, hope and love but the choice is for you to accept this invitation to and be willing to sit at His table for a taste of all these goodies He has prepared for you. He is such a gentleman that He will never make any of you or force you to taste of His goodness. That is entirely in your control and you have the choice to make it happen. I want to encourage you this morning to choose wisely for He cares for you more than you can ever imagine.

Food for thought:
Try it, I know you will love it. Just take the first step of obedience in following God and you will not be disappointed but you will come to the knowledge of how good, kind and merciful He really is. As you learn to trust Him daily, you will experience His goodness and His forever faithfulness.

Verses for meditation:
Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods.--Psalm 40:4

How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!--Psalm 119:103

When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O LORD God Almighty.--Jeremiah 15:16

2011 By Enyonam Gbekle. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment