Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 24 May 2011

WHAT OR WHOM ARE YOU BETTING YOUR LIFE ON?

John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

I love this scripture very much because for me it is one the most basic and straight forward truths. Jesus is the only way because He is both God and man and by uniting our lives with His, we are united with God. Wow, what a privilege! The Bible also says Jesus is full of grace and truth. This implies the truth is a person and this truth is the person Jesus Christ.

Notice Jesus says, "I" and the "truth" He doesn't say truth is a religion, or a ritual, or a set of rules and regulations. He says "I."  Meaning, truth is a person!

As the way; Jesus is our path to the Father
As the truth; He is the reality of all God's promises to us His children
As the life; He joins His divine life to ours, both now and eternally

I don't know about you however everyone seem to be betting their life on something. Either their career, social standing or status, political affluence or even their bank accounts. But as for me and my household, we are betting our lives on Jesus Christ and who He says He is.

Reflections:
How can we know the way to God? Only through Jesus Christ!

Power verses:
through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.--Romans 5:2

For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.--Ephesians 2:18

We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true--even in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.--1 John 5:20

2011 By Enyonam Gbekle. All rights reserved.

2 comments: