Powered By Blogger

Friday 22 July 2011

MY JOY

Psalm 16:11
You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.


One of the things I have come to love and appreciate very much about God is, He just know how to make a girl go soft in her knees :-). Once upon a time many many many years ago when I was much younger; I was a very jolly and cheerful growing young girl. But somewhere along the way, life's demands and expectations drove me into becoming a rather miserable and stuck-up adult. I completely lost all sense of what it meant to live and better still what it really meant to experience the Lord's fullness of Joy. I very quickly became excellent at faking it. The unfortunate thing was, the people who suffered it the most were my sisters, the people who worked with me, then my very close friends. And if you were an acquaintance, then you didn't even stand a chance because in my eyes you didn't even exist. What a mizhog Lol!

Truth is, that Enyonam wasn't God's idea rather the world's and most times we don't even realised it because we get so caught up and entangled up in all the drama that we end up losing who we really are.  I can't tell you how grateful I am to God for His continuous mercies, compassion and unfailing love towards me even when I completely didn't take any notice of Him except when I needed something. Better still, He gave my close friends ( I call them my Angels) grace, courage and strength to love me unconditionally and in the process to stick with me through thick and thin. I sometimes wondered what it was that they saw in me that made them stay so loyal and faithful? Jesus, this is got to be your doing, thank you! When I decided in my heart 21 months ago to rededicate my life to Him, I didn't have any clue what was in store for me. However, all I knew was I didn't want the life I lived or had and l was desperate to exchange it with His after all it's got to be better than mine. Death couldn't even hold Him down and  not only that, He rose up from death after three days - wow!  He has got to have something that is worth far more than my rather lifeless (dead) life.

All I am trying to say is, "Fullness of joy" is found only in the presence of the Lord. I don't care what you say or think because I am a full living testimony of that fullness of joy. You had to know the Enyonam before and after to appreciate what I am saying. Even for me, I never thought it was possible. However, I am blessed that I believed enough to apply my faith and held on to His word in 2 Corinthians 5:17 that says, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." And not only that I also decided to put on the new self, created to be like God in His true righteousness and holiness (Ephesians 4:24). This is because His fullness of Joy can only be found in His presence and  I knew perfectly well I didn't qualify to be in His presence unless I put on my new self, created like God in His true righteousness. After all that is the very reason why He purposefully suffered all that extreme shameful death on the cross so you and I can go before God with all boldness and in confidence to experience His fullness of Joy and His pleasures forevermore. Isn't it awesome? I am just so crazy about Him!


With all sincerity l wish I had words to express what my heart is feeling right now as I right but unfortunately I don't; it's an experience you will have to encounter for yourself to understand.  All I have to do is to remain connected to Him through spending quality time in prayer, worship, reading and studying His word, fellowhipping with other Christians, making His sanctuary my home and things that matters to Him my business; the more I do the more I experience His fullness of joy. This joy is different because Jesus refers to it as, “My joy” (John 15:11b, "that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full") which implies, it is a different kind of joy that we are not used to or the world offers. And this joy can only be found in Jesus through our personal relationship and commitment to Him.

I just want to encourage you today to know that this joy is everlasting and the beauty of it is Jesus already paid the price so you and I can have it freely without having to sell our souls. Remaining in God is the key to experiencing this fullness of Joy. God's promises always comes with an instruction attached, and you and I just need to make a commitment in placing our trust in Him; depending on His sufficient grace to be obedient to His word so we can share in benefits. Today, consider setting aside some additional time for the Lord and set a purpose in your heart to find a place within His presence where an abundance of joy is found and pleasures forevermore.


 Reflections:
Aren't you tired of living life on your own terms and at the expense of your joy?

Applications:
Today, be determined that no matter how busy or over worked you are; you will make the time to spend some quality time in His presence so He can shower you with His fullness of joy.

Power verses:
For the LORD takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with salvation.--Psalm 149:4

Instead of their shame my people will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace they will rejoice in their inheritance; and so they will inherit a double portion in their land, and everlasting joy will be theirs.--Isaiah 61:7


If they obey and serve him, they will spend the rest of their days in prosperity and their years in contentment.--Job 36:11

How priceless is your unfailing love! Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings.--Psalm 36:7


2011 Enyonam Gbekle. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment