Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 25 May 2011

IS YOUR LIFE READY FOR GOD TO WORK IN?

Hosea 10:12
I said, 'Plant the good seeds of righteousness, and you will harvest a crop of love. Plow up the hard ground of your hearts, for now is the time to seek the LORD, that he may come and shower righteousness upon you.'

For many years in my Christian life, I played by my own set of rules. I thought that God's commands were for religious fanatics. However, I now realise that earlier on, had I adhered to the spiritual guidelines set out for me in God's Word, many painful experiences and bad decisions I could have avoided. As it turns out, God knew what was best for me!

If you are like I once was; you too may think that some of the biblical guidelines for Christian living are overbearing, maybe even pointless. But consider this; if parents allowed their children to do whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted, with whomever they wanted, is it likely that they would learn right from wrong, take the right paths, and make decisions that are in their best interest? Of course not! Children need guidance, encouragement, discipline and direction from their parents. As children of God, we need those same things from our heavenly Father.

Today's main scripture teaches us our small everyday actions can produce far-reaching results either good or bad. I want to encourage us all to keep plowing the hard grounds of our hearts with the word of God as we continuously meditate on it day and night so that it is no longer stony and hard; but ready and available to receive from God.

Reflections:
Is your life ready for God to work in?
What kind of crop are sowing today?
What might be the long-term effects of some of your actions?

Applications:
Whatever it is, you have a choice today to plow the hard ground of your heart by acknowledging your shortcomings and failures as you open your heart to God's forgiveness and guidance today.

Power verses:
Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."--John 7:38

"As for me, this is my covenant with them," says the LORD. "My Spirit, who is on you, and my words that I have put in your mouth will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouths of your children, or from the mouths of their descendants from this time on and forever," says the LORD.--Isaiah 59:21

I will bless them and the places surrounding my hill. I will send down showers in season; there will be showers of blessing.--Ezekiel 34:26

2011 By Enyonam Gbekle. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. God is good in all he do for us he allow our hearts to penetrate in the deepest area of life. which allow us to deliver what he has for our life in others. It is so amazing of what you discover when the real truth is discovered. And were still discovering his blessings for our life. love God light Lisa.

    ReplyDelete