Powered By Blogger

Friday 10 June 2011

NO ONE CAN STAND AGAINST YOU

Joshua 1:5 
No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.

Sometimes when we face difficult situation or circumstances in our lives, careers, relationships and families we turn to forget who we really are in Christ and allow ourselves to be overwhelmed by what we see around us. We forget we have a High Priest who always lives and intercedes on our behalf (Hebrews 7:25).

Here as we see, Joshua's new job is to lead more than two million people into a strange new land and conquer it. If you are like me you are probably thinking what a challenge and a huge task! What I realised from reading this scripture is, it doesn't really matter who you are or what you know. Every new job, career, business or even our relationship is a challenge and without God, it can be frightening and overwhelming. Now on the flip side, with God it can be a great and enjoyable adventure of our lives.

I don't know what new challenges you are facing in your lives today, but I came to assure you that; just as God assured Joshua He will be with him and never leave nor fail him, He is with you and I today in whatever storm we find ourselves or whatever new challenges we are facing either in our relationships, careers, jobs or our spiritual lives. The beauty about this God you and I serve is, He is not man that He will lie or change. And the Bible tells us in John 10:35b, "and the Scripture cannot be broken."

So today you and I may not conquer nations, but we may face tough situations, difficult people and some form of temptations. I want to remind us to remember God's promises regardless of how overwhelmed we may be and feel. By seeking His directions wholeheartedly, we can overcome and conquer all of life's problems and difficulties.

Reflections:
Just remember every promise of God comes with an instruction. The key to unlock our promises is, obedience through our faith. You are never alone, His grace is sufficient for you! You only need to avail yourself with a surrendered heart unto Him.

Power verses:
I tore the kingdom away from the house of David and gave it to you, but you have not been like my servant David, who kept my commands and followed me with all his heart, doing only what was right in my eyes.--1 Kings 14:8

For the LORD your God is a merciful God; he will not abandon or destroy you or forget the covenant with your forefathers, which he confirmed to them by oath.--Deuteronomy 4:31

If you do whatever I command you and walk in my ways and do what is right in my eyes by keeping my statutes and commands, as David my servant did, I will be with you. I will build you a dynasty as enduring as the one I built for David and will give Israel to you.--1 Kings 11:38

2011 By Enyonam Gbekle. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment