Powered By Blogger

Thursday 23 June 2011

HE WORKS ALL THINGS FOR GOOD

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

This is one my favourite scriptures because it reassures me of  how much God loves me and how far He will go to protect and keep me for His chosen purpose for my life. The Scripture says, God works out all things, now not some things but all things! What I want us to focus on is, note that God is not only working things out to fulfill our own fantasies but instead to fulfill His purpose for our lives. This is means, this promise is not for everyone but for those of us who have accepted Jesus Christ as our Lord and personal Saviour. Even though we live in a fallen world with no much evil all round us, our trust is not in what we see but in the Most High God because the life we live now is not ours but in Christ who sacrificed His own life so we can live eternally with God.

For this reason we now have a new perspective and a new mindset in this life and that new life is in Christ; the author and finisher of our faith. In Him we learn to love, accept all, not resent, pain and persecution because God is in us and we know now that no matter the challenges or trials we may face or encounter; He will work out everything for our good according to His predestined devine purposes for our lives. The Bible says in Galatians 2:20, "I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

I want to remind us all today of how precious we are to God and not to worry about what the world thinks of us or neither should we be stressed about fitting in. We are not called to fit in rather we are called to shine the light of Christ for all to see His glory and the manifestation of His power and workings through us. Hallelujah!

Reflections:
Remember evil is prevalent in our fallen world, but our God is able turn things round for our good.  He that is you is greater than he that is in the world!

Applications:
With this in mind, we should carry ourselves as vessels of honour......

Power verses:
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.--Romans 8:37

May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.-- Galatians 6:14

 I belong to my lover, and his desire is for me.-- Song of Solomon 7:10

2011 Enyonam Gbekle. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment