Powered By Blogger

Monday 13 June 2011

WHAT IS YOUR AREA OF INTENT?

Matthew 25:21
His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
 
This year, I’ve discovered three areas of intent that helps me keep my life balanced no matter what my days are like. First things first, I make it a priority to keep my daily appointment with the Lord. Some days it consists of my usual quiet time, Bible study, and other days it’s reduced to praying while working and doing errands. In either case, being intentional about spending time with the Lord has kept my attitude of working for the Lord at most in my mind.

Keeping this attitude leads me to the next area of intent, control my work. Working hard comes easily to me, but it’s the one place l can lose my balance when I allow my work to control me. Perhaps it’s my desire to do my work with excellence or maybe it’s the disease to be the best at what I do. Whatever the reason, when I allow the Holy Spirit to guide me in balancing my life’s priorities, I’m reminded that my source of significance is Jesus Christ, not my work!

Another thing I’ve learned to do is ask for help. I’ve made an agreement with my sisters to be there from time to time when I need a helping hand. I’ve learned that it’s okay to admit that my life isn’t perfect (my sisters already know that).

The last area of intent is the idea of intentional, godly fellowship. Our spiritual lives need the encouragement from other believers. When we neglect this area, we can lose our warm fuzzes (as I call them) and open the door to the cold and prickles. Just like separating logs in a fireplace causes them to cool off faster, neglecting godly fellowship will cause us to lose the warmth of our spiritual lives.

In saying this, the truth is Jesus is coming back and we as Christians know this is true. Does this mean we must drop whatever we do to in order to serve God? Not at all - it means we must diligently use our time, gifts and resources to serve God completely in whatever we do making Him our first priority. For some of you, this will mean changing professions and getting out of your comfort zone trusting your lives wholeheartedly to Him without any reservations. And for most of us it means doing our daily work of love for God with joy!

Reflections:
Remember nothing is impossible dear friends. We can do all things through Christ who strengthens you and I.

Power verses:
Those who have served well gain an excellent standing and great assurance in their faith in Christ Jesus.--1 Timothy 3:13

A king delights in a wise servant, but a shameful servant incurs his wrath.--Proverbs 14:35

Although I hope to come to you soon, I am writing you these instructions so that, if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God's household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.--1 Timothy 3:14-15

2011 By Enyonam Gbekle. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment