Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 15 June 2011

LOVE IS A LIFESTYLE

1 John 4:16
And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

I have been born again for many years and however never understood a lot of things in life, especially the cost of love. There was a time in my life when I just wished I didn't have a heart to love and feel compassion towards others because love had caused me so much pain and hurt over and over again over the years. My dearest late mother's favourite saying was, two masters cannot captain a boat. It takes one to be a fool for the other to be efficient. In other words, learn to love with all humility. I suffered unforgiveness and bitterness most of my adult life all due to lack of knowledge of God's word and lack of the knowledge of His unconditional for me.

However, during this recent months of personal walk with Him, I have come to  accepted the unique gift of God's unfailing love flowing through me by my faith as the Holy Spirit gives me the power to love unconditionally. The truth is, when we realise God loves us with an extravagant, unconditional and unfailing love; then His love will change our entire attitude and focus on life.

Come on lets face it, some people are just so hard to love no matter how much and hard we try. I found that, replying on the power of the Holy Spirit at work in us makes it easier to reach out to the unlovable, difficult and demanding. As Christians, love is a lifestyle and part of who we are ( a reflection of God). I want us all to remember today that, God's love is the source of all human love and as we learn to dwell in Him it spreads like a wild fire rekindling a flame in our hearts in turn helps us to love others regardless who or what they are just as He loves you and I.

Reflections:
It starts with a decision. Are you ready ?

Power verses:
And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight--Philippians 1:9

May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you.--1 Thessalonians 3:12

2011 Enyonam Gbekle. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment