Powered By Blogger

Thursday 16 June 2011

PRAYING FOR YOUR PASTOR IS VITAL

1 Timothy 2:1-2
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

As Christians we need to pray for and with each other daily. However, we particularly need to support our Pastors and it's leadership in daily and regular prayers. Our Pastors and church leaders face many challenges - balancing the roles of the Ministry besides being a father, mother, husband and a wife. Believe it or not, our Pastors and church leaders have a difficult job at hand and so much is expected of them making them very vulnerable to criticism by their members and society.

From my experience, a lot of us don't actually pray for our Pastors and church leaders. But instead we always except our Pastors and church leaders to pray for us. We forget they are human just like us and face the same temptations and challenges that we struggle with on a daily basis in our walk with God. For me, prayer for Leadership in the church is the spiritual equivalent of filling a balloon, giving the church the potential to grow in it's mission and following the leading of God's Spirit.

The best way to activate the anointing and get the best out of your Pastor, is to pray for them. Honestly, since I made praying for my Pastor a daily priority, God has used him on many occasions to answer, instruct, direct and speak to me concerning so many different things in my life. It makes life so much easier and I genuinely hope this will motivate you enough to pray for your church, Pastors and the leadership on a regular basis. Prayer is very vital so please lets all make it a habit. Remember, your church is only as good as the Pastor. Pastor David Antwi puts it mildly, "praying for your Pastor is for your own wellbeing." So keep them up in prayers to keep the fire burning.

Reflections:
How often do you pray for your church, Pastor and the leadership of the church?

Power verses:
I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers.--Ephesians 1:16

As for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the LORD by failing to pray for you.--1 Samuel 12:23a

Night and day we pray most earnestly that we may see you again and supply what is lacking in your faith.-- 1 Thessalonians 3:10

2011 By Enyonam Gbekle. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment