Powered By Blogger

Thursday 21 April 2011

GOD IS OUR SOLE PROVIDER

1 Timothy 6:17
Teach those who are rich in this world not to be proud and not to trust in their money, which is so unreliable. Their trust should be in God, who richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment.

This is so ironic because just yesterday, I was having a chat with a really lovely lady I know who worked with me about four years ago. This lady worked with me for only four months but there was just something about her that made me keep her number and over the years have kept in touch with her. She is very a well qualified professional but some how things haven't just worked out the way she has planned and for years she hasn't been able to attained her perfect job either by acquiring all those qualifications. Recently, I was on my way to our new church premises when I bumped into her only to realise she lives just a few minutes away.

She is been out of work for a while and to be honest since I have known her she has been out of work more times than in work. I called her the other day, but to my surprise she said she was very fed up with life and said nothing seems to be working in her life. She is smart, intelligent, beautiful and is been married for a years. What I found rather interesting was how she said she wants to come to my church so my Pastor can pray for her. I was very thrilled about that because at least she is beginning to realise there is a God who rules in the affairs of men.  I met up with her yesterday to discuss some possible small business she can get involve in whilst waiting for her so called "perfect city job". Now as we were talking all she had in her mind was how to find a permanent and a well paid job to do so much she desired. I said to her,  do you realise your provision is never been in the jobs you have done or what you think you know? I said God is your sole provider! And until you can recognise that and surrender all your burdens and cares onto Him instead of desperately placing your confidence in your profession; you will be keep going round in circles till you accept the truth. Aren't you tired of all the false hope these careers, professions and jobs promises?

The truth is our hope and trust in never in the riches we acquire and the wealth we accumulate through the jobs, careers or professions we do. Rather it is in God alone, and the jobs, businesses and whatever we find ourselves doing are just a means of source God uses to bless us but they are not our source of provision. I want to encourage each one of us today, that whenever we are faced with hard and challenging situations, lets keep our mind filled with the truth that keeps our circumstance from whispering dangerous assumptions and false accusations in affecting our perspectives.

Like today's scripture says, "our trust should be in God, who richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment and not the what we have or the money we have acquired through what we do. This is the reality that must saturate our thoughts and hearts.  It is the truth that rises above our troubling circumstances and calls us to see life from a perspective outside of the overwhelming realities. This is one truth I have been living by nearly two years now, when I lost my business and everything I ever worked for. God has richly been providing for me with everything I need and I never thought it was possible before when I was living in my ignorance. Therefore I believe in my heart He will provide for my friend and anyone who will just learn to put their faith and trust in Him completely and wholeheartedly. Making Him the first priority in our lives and not the second, third or last.

Like Paul clearly said in the book of Philippians 4:8, "And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise."  And not only that, he went on to say in verse 9,  "The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you."   Learn to memorise and keep the word of God in your hearts by letting it saturate your hearts, minds and thoughts at all times so you can live them daily in receiving the peace of God that overrides all our fears and doubts. This is our weapon!

Reflections:
Be careful not to put your trust in money. Even if you don't have material wealth, you can are rich in good works and always has something to share with others.

Power verses:
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.--Ephesians 1:3

But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.--Philippians 4:19

And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.--2 Corinthians 9:8

For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.--Matthew 6:32

2011 By Enyonam Gbekle. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment