Powered By Blogger

Thursday 14 April 2011

PLEASE DON'T LET JESUS DOWN BY MAKING EXCUSES!

John 4:35
You know the saying, 'Four months between planting and harvest.' But I say, wake up and look around. The fields are already ripe for harvest.

A lot of us Christians are full of excuses and the most common one I hear regularly is, I am not comfortable to talk or discuss my faith with anyone - cos it's very private to. And the other very lame excuse is, I have a principle never to discuss politics and my faith. Why not? The truth is the fact that you don't want to discuss it doesn't neccessarily make it go away or change the truth and facts. What is so private about what Jesus is doing in your life and what He is continuing to do? I don't see anything so private about God's love and commitment towards us His children. Just take a look at the world around you and see how loudly it screams with His Omnipotent creation and carefully thought about handy works.

For me even the fact that I can see another day is a good enough evidence that Jesus is at work in my life. I believe the problem we have as Christians are, we have become too complacent. So taken the blessings and faithfulness of God in our daily lives for granted. I find it almost impossible not to talk about Jesus to even my sisters anytime I speak to them, my nieces, nephews, friends and even the strangers I meet on my daily travels. I just made a new friend yesterday on the bus on my way to a prayer meeting and have also invited her to church on Sunday.

We sometimes excuse ourselves from witnessing by saying we aren't equipped to do it or our friends and family aren't ready to receive Jesus Christ just yet. When do you know when someone is when you haven't even bothered to make the effort. And to be honest, it is not about what we say that makes them believe it; is the Holy Spirit. All He needs is us availing ourselves by making that first contact by sowing the seed of truth with the help of His free gift of grace upon our lives. As we read in today's scripture, Jesus however, makes it very clear that there is a continual harvest that await to be reaped. Please don't let Jesus down by making excuses. Look around, you will see and find so many people with a ready heart to hear and receive God's word and just waiting for you to tell them. I urge us all to make it our duty from today onwards to reach out to others starting from our close friends, family and work colleagues.

Reflections:
What is causing you to make excuses? Isn't your own lifestyle as a Christian? Nevertheless, all you have to do is to ask Jesus to renew your joy and fill your heart with His love enough to share it with the next person you sit next to on the train or on the bus!

Power verses:
Look! The wages you failed to pay the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord Almighty.--James 5:4

For therefore we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, specially of those that believe.--1 Timothy 4:10

But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them--yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me.---1 Corinthians 15:10

This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.--1 Timothy 2:3-4

2011 By Enyonam Gbekle. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment