Powered By Blogger

Monday 18 April 2011

WHAT PRICE ARE YOU PREPARED TO PAY FOR LOVE?

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Recently a few of us were in a prayer meeting with my Pastor and he was rather horrified that none of us on top of our heads remembered the most important verse in the Bible and the most important verse on which our faith is hitched on. That scripture was John 3:3 and he asked us all to go back and revisit the book of John which I have been re-studying in the past few days with very careful thought and paying attention to all the details. Just yesterday morning on my way to church, I was reading John three and as I got to verse sixteen it just came alive in my spirit like I have never seen this scripture and verse before. So I decided to go over it again this morning in my quiet time. For me the entire Gospel of Christ comes into focus and meaning with this specific verse. We all talk about God's love and believe in our hearts we know what it really and truly means as a Believer. But do we walk, breath, talk, act and live it in our daily Christian walk with Him and others? Is our love for others selfless and not in any way self-centered; reaching out and drawing others into as Jesus has with you and I?

I hear a lot of us Christians say things like, I love him or her and have forgiven him or her for whatever wrong he or she has done to me; but I can't forget or be friends with him or her again. How does that reflect God's selfless and non self-centered love that draws us and others in? Today's verse says, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,.."  This means love comes with a very huge price tag, one that will even cost us our lives. That means we are to accept others whether good or bad and either family or not with no conditions attached.  Just as Jesus accepted our punishment and paid the highest price for our sins and not only that; but then offered us the new life He bought for you and I.

This scripture for me, is God's pattern and His example of what true love is. The basis for all our relationships regardless what they might be. Because when you love someone dearly as much as God loves you and I, you are willingly to pay no matter what the cost may be. I want each one of us to meditate on this verse this week and allow it to minister to our hearts in all sincerity. It is possible to love as God has loved us and still does daily. All we have to do is to ask Him for grace and surrendering our free will to Him.

Reflections:
Remember, when we share the Gospel this week with others, our love must be like His. Willingly giving up our own comfort and security so that others might join us in receiving God's love that is shared amongst us His children.

Power verses:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.--Romans 5:8

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.--Isaiah 9:6

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.--Hebrews 2:9

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.--1 John 3:1

2011 By Enyonam Gbekle. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment