Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 9 November 2010

GOD'S HEART

James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.



God’s desire is for us to care for the lonely. Jesus taught that he would leave the 99 to go and get the lonely one who has


gone astray. Can you think of others who may be lonely besides widows and orphans? We have a lot of homeless people in

my borough. Many of the homeless men and woman I have talked to are very lonely. Nursing homes are filled with widows and

people who have been forgotten. Divorce creates loneliness; as well as the death of a loved one. When I reflect on my own

life the most painful emotional times, have been when I felt lonely. God has given us his promise that he will never leave us

and he has also given the Holy Spirit to comfort us. Consider being a friend to the lonely today.

No comments:

Post a Comment