Powered By Blogger

Friday 9 July 2010

WITNESSING - TELLING GOD STORIES


A good friend of mine recently told me that I was instrumental in helping restore her relationship with God. Over the course of several months after we met, occasionally I would share a "God story". On a couple of instances, I made references to the Bible while we were conversing. Little did I know that she was being drawn to the Lord through my occasional witnessing about the awesome things God was doing in my life.


We met about six years ago and she is now in full pursuits to all that God has for her. She told me that if I had boldly started preaching to her with Holy Roller type stuff that she would have shut me out of her life and not been receptive to the message.


She did tell me that the amazing stories I would share about things that only God could have done caused her to hunger for the same type of relationship with Him. Every time I would make a reference to the Bible she would go home and look up the scripture.


2 Timothy 1:8
So do not be ashamed to testify about the Lord, or ashamed of me his prisoner. But join me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God.


What's a "God story"?
These are non-coincidental miracles that happen throughout our days as Christians. Some are huge supernatural events, like visitations from angels, and others can be simple things that only God could have made happen. I like to share them as general conversations to allow for them to occasionally fit in

No comments:

Post a Comment