Powered By Blogger

Friday 30 July 2010

WHEN A MAN'S WAYS ARE PLEASING TO THE LORD

Proverbs 16:7
When a man's ways are pleasing to the Lord, he makes even his enemies be at peace with him.


Not long ago, I received a phone call from a relative who I had not been in contact with for quite sometime. She is the daughter of someone who has chosen not to speak to me as a result of some things that I did many years ago, before I gave my heart to Jesus. After we talked and caught up on what has been happening in each others life, she said, “there is a reason that I called you.” “I need to ask for your forgiveness for judging you.” She then explained to me how the Lord convicted her of wrongful actions and thoughts that she had towards me as a result of what the other relative had told her about my past.

In that moment of the Lord's intervention on my behalf, He revealed to her how much I loved Him and showed her that I am now living a changed godly life. She explained that when the conviction of the Lord came upon her, she periodically cried for several days when she would think about the situation. She also said that God put an urgency in her spirit to call me and confess her faults and ask for my forgiveness. The funny thing is, I didn't even know that she was harboring ill feelings towards me.

When I got off of the phone, I was so thankful to the Lord for bringing healing to the relationship and I also was encouraged to trust that God will bring healing to the other relationship also. With God, suddenly everything can change for the good; when a man’s ways are pleasing to the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment