Powered By Blogger

Thursday 1 July 2010

BEING A NOBODY MAKES US SOMEBODY IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN


A few months ago, I had an opportunity to really get upset about something. I had just become a member of my church and due to my rather zealous attitude and love for the work of God, most of the church workers had very expectations of me. It was the first church workers meeting since I had been there, and I didn't attend because I didn't consider myself a church worker. Instead the next day at church, one of the lady's was rather upset with me for not attending and had ago at me rather harshly and rudely. I thought to myself how there she speaks to me like that, I wrestled with my pride and then remembered how God works. In order to be a "somebody" in God's Kingdom, we must first become a "nobody" first.


Matthew 5:3
Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.


As I got a grip on my spiritual self and decided to let the situation go and become a team player rather than a complainer, the peace of the Holy Spirit came upon me.


Maintaining a humble attitude in the midst of trials like this one and allowing the Lord to be glorified in every situation is the key to being somebody in the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth. Is there anything more important that that?


No comments:

Post a Comment