Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 14 July 2010

ASKING GOD TO HELP CONTROL OUR TONGUE


There was a time in my life I had to live with a verbally abusive person. One of the biggest challenges for me was keeping my mouth shut when they hurled insults at me. I was also experiencing Holy Spirit training for protecting the fruit of the Spirit. I wrestled with the scripture that says, "do not give the devil a foothold." I battled with not lashing back whenever they would belittle me. The scripture below actually became a reality in my life. As I continued to seek God during this time, He actually taught me how to keep my tongue stuck to the roof of my mouth.

Ezekiel 3:26
I will make your tongue stick to the roof of your mouth so that you will be silent and unable to rebuke them, though they are a rebellious house.

Without the power of the Holy Spirit and God's word working in our lives, we cannot have control over our members, especially the tongue.

If you're dealing with someone who is constantly putting you down, seek God through prayer and reading the word. He will do a great work on the inside of you and teach you the real meaning of self-control. The other person may never change, but if you will seek God in this difficult place, He will change YOU He promises to complete the good work in you that He has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment