Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 31 August 2011

LIVING A GODLY LIFE IS POSSIBLE

2 Peter 1:3
By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence.


Living a godly life is possible because of the knowledge we have of God. This knowledge is acquired, daily, as we read the bible and seek after building a personal relationship with God. As we study God’s word, and spend time in prayer, we will obtain the knowledge we need to be victorious in our lives. Everyday requires new spiritual truths for the new situations and trials we will be faced with. What we learned yesterday, may not be what we need for today. Today, I will not be a quitter, because the bible says that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. This verse brings comfort and peace within me today, so I will cling to it. What the Lord has for me tomorrow may be completely different, however my focus is on what He has for me today!


VERSE FOR MEDITATION:
The Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.” Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, “But, Lord, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?”Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.-- John 14:17-23

2011 By Enyonam Gbekle. All rights reserved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment