Powered By Blogger

Thursday 12 August 2010

THE PLACE WHERE GOD IS FOUND

Jeremiah 29:12-14
Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD.


Many people ask where is God?

Even king David was constantly seeking Him as Psalms 63:1 says "O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.” I believe with all of my heart, that the place where God is found is in our seeking. Some of the most intimate times that I have ever encountered with God, when I knew that I was face to face with Him, were during times of seeking Him in prayer in total surrender.

A good friend of mine often tells me of how she seeks the Lord, is as she goes on her daily walks. Often times, the Lord just drops things in her heart while walking. When I purpose to read the Bible I do it with an expectation that God will meet me in the seeking process and grant me a deeper understanding by His divine interaction with me. I also seek Him during times of singing or worship. Setting aside quality time to seek after God will bring us to the place where God is found.

No comments:

Post a Comment