Powered By Blogger

Thursday 7 February 2013

TIME TO RETREAT

Psalm 61:2-3
From the ends of the earth l call to you, l call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than l. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe.

God is indeed the rock that is higher than you and l. Recently l seem to have lost my joy and the peace l have so loved and enjoyed in the Lord to pressures from commitments, tiredness from lack of sleep and rest. On my birthday this past Monday l was on my way to my church office in a rather not very good state and l met one of the young women in my church called Rose just a few yards away from the office. As she started talking to me l just broke down and all l felt was just uncontrollable pain and heart arch of sorrow, confusion and sadness. She said to me, you need to retrieve for awhile from everything  to renew your strength. That was my best birthday present to date. I just wondered why l never thought about that because knowing me l just keep going regardless even when my body clearly tells me l should take a break I don't. Something l got from my dear late mother even though l am very aware that was what caused her stroke for eight years resulting in her death at the end. Lord, that will not be my portion in Jesus Name, Amen.

I went home and decided to spend some quality time with God which l must admit l have missed so much due to busyness and lack of time. I just rush through my morning devotions because my day starts at half three in the morning and usually if l am lucky l sleep for an hour or two. How can this be life? You see when we spend good quality time with God in the high places of His love and power, we in turn gain a better understanding of our lives and our service to Him. Life viewed from the heights of Jesus will always clear our minds and help us sort through our priorities to help us manage what we do and render unto Him a better service. 

I don't know about your story but maybe you are like me who have had a rather tiresome long months of demands from church work, frustrations at work and expectations from friends. You feel your heart is growing fainter with each added pressure. I urge you to take some time off and invest solid, concentrated time with the Lord for Him to give you a whole new outlook. From the bossom of His love you will see things so differently and as they really are. 

What is threatening to distort your view of reality? Pressures? Worries? Anxiety? Relational problems? Sin? I will say it is time for vision check with the Lord. Ask God for help like am doing to put it all out of your mind. Ask for His pardon, if necessary for any offenses you have committed against Him. Enjoy His forgiveness. Swim in His peace and joy once again. Then ease back into your daily routine, walking a little higher above it all. 

By Enyonam Gbekle. All rights reserved 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment