Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 9 May 2012

OVERFLOW

John 7:38
 "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, 'From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water."


Today I want to encourage you all to join me in emptying ourselves of all selfish desires, letting go of our own rights, clearing out the debris of habitual sins by humbling ourselves before the Lord for us to be filled with an overflow of God's Spirit. As our lives brim over form this ever fresh wellspring within us, there will be plenty of refreshment and nourishment for the thirsty souls of those around us.

When we are overflowing with the Holy Spirit's life, we will see the evidence in or thoughts, words and actions. Because they will all reflect the holiness of God. And a life that reflects God's purity can't help but have an impact on others around us.

Reflections:
What evidence do you see of the Spirit's upwelling inside you?
How can you clear sinful obstructions from the flow making way for His abundant life?

Scripture for meditation:
"I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws."--Ezekiel 36:25-27

All rights reserved by Enyonam Gbekle 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment