Powered By Blogger

Thursday 17 May 2012

JESUS STOPPED

 Mark 10:47, 49a, 51a
 When he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to shout, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!” Jesus stopped and said, “Call him.”“What do you want me to do for you?” Jesus asked him.

I don't know about you but there has been many times in my life when I have felt like Bartimaeus, the blind beggar at the gate of Jericho. When I have aimlessly wandered off the path God has put me on and predestined for my life.When I have sinned, maybe deliberately and perhaps thoughtlessly or been disobedient to God's word. And I feel so far from Him, I picture myself lost in the crowd and in the mess of my disobedience like this blind beggar, pushed around; groping in the dark. And desperately wanting to find my way back to the right path but sometimes I feel too ashamed and discouraged to even approach God.


When things get that way, even though I don't shout; I feel like whispering those exact words of the blind beggar, " Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!" And some how the hustle and bustle of the crowd stops and the Lord hears my cry for help and not only does He just hear, but He actually stops everything He is doing to just attend to my need. Just because I asked for mercy..............how humbling and what an honour?


Right now if you sense a deep spiritual need or a weight of guilt or regret crushing your shoulders; just remember that Jesus of Nazareth is passing by and all you have to do is to call out for mercy. In that moment precious child of Jehovah, He will stop whatever He is doing to attend to your need no matter what it is. The Bible says in Jeremiah 33:3a, "Call to me and I will answer you...."


MEMORY VERSE:
"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need."--Hebrews 4:16


2012 By Enyonam Gbekle. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment