Powered By Blogger

Monday 14 May 2012

MAKE THE WORD YOU HOME

 Colossians 3:16a
"Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you,...." 


I believe this scripture is reminding us of the importance of allowing God's word in our hearts and not only that but also learning to live in it's light. This means we need to know it as much as we know our individual homes really. By so doing, we will know where to place and find every promise, instruction, word of wisdom, comfort and encouragement on it's pages. I don't know about you but I want God's word to dwell in me richly so it can a place I find refreshment, relaxation and peace of mind by making myself familiar with it's commands as I learn to relax in it's promises.

Like my Pastor, he knows the Bible like the back of his hands. He knows where each individual verse is on it's pages and he can quote you any scripture and narrate it's stories with such enthusiasm and passion. With him when it comes to God's word, he is at home where he his hearts longs to be!

As I pondered over today's scripture, it go me thinking..... How many of us actually consider God's word a dwelling place? Does it truly live in our hearts? Or is the word of God just something we visit now and again for occasional refreshment when our backs are against the odds of this uncertainty world?

Dear Beloved, God desires to have an intimate fellowship with us and very much wants His word to become a home to us. A strong refuge, a warm and restful sanctuary from all the hassles, bruises, anxiety, stress and uncertainties of our daily lives. So this morning I want to encourage all of us to let His word live within us with all it's richness, promises, teachings and direction for our lives. Let us make it our own special retreat away from this cynical, pressure-filled world we live in today and in turn it will make us rich in His wisdom. And remember wherever life takes us, wherever our roads leads us, home can be as close as our heart.

VERSE TO MEMORISE:
"Your word I have treasured in my heart, That I may not sin against You."--Psalm 119:11



2012 by Enyonam Gbekle. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment