Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 15 May 2012

THE GREATNESS OF PRAYER

 \Psalm 42:8
 "But each day the LORD pours his unfailing love upon me, and through each night I sing his songs, praying to God who gives me life."

Frankly, the only way we can develop a real appreciation for prayer is to take a small step of faith and simply pray even when we don't feel like it. I know it's easier said than done but as a disciple of Jesus prayer isn't an option at all. What I have come to learn and understand about prayer is, it is an art which only the Holy spirit can teach. Like any other disciplines, prayer can only be appreciated when we actually quality time in it. Spending time in prayer with our Heavenly Father will elevate our thinking, strengthen our spiritual passion and will also help us grow closer to Him in love and knowledge of who He is.

From my own experience, I realised the more time I spend with God in prayer, the more He reveals Himself to me and closer I grow in my walk with Him. This is experience has not only helped me to appreciate prayer but has also helped me to understand the need and the importance of prayer. It also helps us to identify with others who fight long battles and find great joy on their knees. And will us appreciate not only the greatness of prayer but the greatness and awesomeness of our God. How amazing is that?
 

VERSE TO MEMORISE:
And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;--Luke 18:1

REFLECTIONS:
If you are new to the subject of prayer, start with a few minutes. Then turn to one of the psalms of praise and read God's words back to Him as a prayer. You can also pour out whatever is in your heart to Him as you would to a trusted friend.  Think back of all His blessings in your life this very moment, the day before and recount every moment in gratitude to Him. Tell Him what you love about Him. Think of some areas in your life you would like His help in changing. Take a deep breath and confess those things to Him, asking for the Holy Spirit's assistance in those areas.

2012 By Enyonam Gbekle. All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment